Location Parts Manager
The Location Parts Manager directs the daily operations of personnel engaged in receiving and distributing truck parts and supplies.
- Ensure the operations of the dealership’s parts department are performing sufficiently to meet the annual and quarterly sales and profit goals through the use of proper purchasing procedures and inventory control.
- Coach and lead the parts department employees in understanding and meeting the department’s objectives and provide them with technical assistance and training when needed.
- Conduct annual performance reviews and assess discipline when necessary.
- Interview new candidates for positions and develop the parts department staff.
- Maintain that the special orders policy is working properly.
- Monitor parts are being returned timely to avoid obsolescence.
- Enforce safety requirements, including but not limited to forklift training and operation and processing of GHS sheets on all products carried.
- Verify sufficient security systems are in place and adhered to.
- Confirm department employees' payroll records prior to submitting to the payroll dept.
- Consistently maintain the highest standards in serving the customer’s needs, including but not limited to, handling customer issues and complaints.
- Computer skills using ADP Dealer Management system and various OEM inventory catalog systems.
- Prefer 3+ years’ parts management experience in a dealership environment with a thorough knowledge of all phases of an automotive or truck parts department.
- Strong leadership and communication skills, with a strong work ethic willing to work extra hours when needed.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Well light and plenty of room to work in the parts area. The environment will change dependent upon weather conditions as this environment has exposure to indoor/outdoor loading zones. Moderate noise level is also an exposure. This role is also working in an office environment that is temperature regulated.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Heavy lifting (50 lbs), twisting, bending, standing, use of both hands and arms.
Position Type Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Hours and shifts may vary, dependent on location and need.
Equal Employment Policy
M&K Employee Services, Inc. hiring and employment practices are based on job qualifications, performance, and/or conduct without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, height, weight, disability, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.
M&K Truck Centers is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, ancestry, marital or veteran status. We are strongly committed to this policy and believe in the concept and spirit of the law and we encourage all qualified and interested persons to apply for this position.