- Checks with the parts manager, inventory control administrator, parts counter people, or shipping and receiving clerk before leaving to coordinate any last minute pick-ups or deliveries.
- Keeps an accurate log of daily deliveries and pick-ups. Requests recipient's signature on each delivery entry.
- Verifies that invoice matches purchase order for each pick-up.
- Checks payments received with the invoices for each delivery.
- Loads and unloads truck each day. Turns in all paperwork, invoice payments and undelivered parts.
- Handles basic maintenance of the truck including filling fuel tank, checking oil, tires and fluids, keeping vehicle clean, and making sure required inspections are performed each day prior to deliveries.
- Advises parts manager if delivery trucks need repairs or maintenance.
- Helps maintain the professional appearance of the parts department.
- Maintains professional appearance and friendly, effective relationship with customers, supervisors and fellow employees.
- Other duties may be assigned such as help with stocking and posting orders when they arrive to expedite delivery to customers.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and maintain a clean driving record.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals and to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure.
- Ability to sit for long periods, bend, climb, crouch to load and unload trucks.
- Ability to lift and carry more than 75 pounds.
M&K Truck Centers is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, ancestry, marital or veteran status. We are strongly committed to this policy and believe in the concept and spirit of the law and we encourage all qualified and interested persons to apply for this position.