Body Shop Painter
We are looking for a full-time to join our team. The purpose of this role is to prep and paint trucks/trailers.
- Follow supervisors' instructions as to which parts to restore or replace and how much time the job should take.
- Review damage reports, prepare or review repair cost estimates, and plan work to be performed.
- Select paint according to company requirements, and match colors of paint following specified color charts.
- Mix paints to match color specifications or vehicles' original colors, then stir and thin the paints, using spatulas or power mixing equipment.
- Remove grease, dirt, paint, or rust from vehicle surfaces in preparation for paint application, using abrasives, solvents, brushes, blowtorches, washing tanks, or sandblasters.
- Pour paint into spray guns and adjust nozzles and paint mixes for proper paint flow and coating thickness.
- Monitor painting operations to identify flaws, such as blisters or streaks, and correct their causes.
- Sand vehicle surfaces between coats of paint or primer to remove flaws and enhance adhesion for subsequent coats.
- Disassemble, clean, and reassemble sprayers and power equipment, using solvents, wire brushes, and cloths for cleaning duties.
- Spray prepared surfaces with specified amounts of primers and decorative or finish coatings.
- Remove accessories from vehicles, such as chrome or mirrors, and mask other surfaces with tape or paper in order to protect them from paint.
- Dispose of hazardous waste in an appropriate manner.
- Basic knowledge of detailing of vehicles/trucks.
- Keen eye for details and quality results of prepping the vehicle/trucks.
- Must be agile enough to work inside cabs and engine housings.
- Vocational Training or applicable experience.
M&K Truck Centers is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, ancestry, marital or veteran status. We are strongly committed to this policy and believe in the concept and spirit of the law and we encourage all qualified and interested persons to apply for this position.