The role of the General Manager is to be responsible for the day to day operation of the locations operations in compliance with established policies and procedures. Plans, directs and controls all activities of the locations profit centers through department managers who in turn are responsible for the overall growth and profit objectives of their respective department. The General Manager will also assist in identifying training of department managers as required. Formulate the major objectives, plans and programs for the branch operations; work closely with department managers to convert broad programs to specific plans; provide assistance to department managers in the development of their specific performance targets, programs and plan in accordance with Company goals and objectives; evaluate each department’s operating results and performance against pre-determined objectives; consult with department managers regarding personnel decisions; assist department managers with major, target or critical accounts.
- Assesses present and future needs, trends, problems and profit opportunities of the branch.
- Ensures that approved policies and objectives are clearly understood and effectively applied throughout assigned branch.
- Formulates annual and monthly business plan, sales/profit objectives and expense budgets with department manager which are in accordance with Company’s objectives.
- Develops merchandising strategies with the department managers to ensure that objectives are obtained; supervises sale of trucks, parts and service.
- Maintains appropriate communications within and between various departments and functional areas within the branch; holds individual conferences as required.
- Establishes and maintains satisfactory customer and public relations; final arbitrator between customers and department managers when the need arises.
- Develops and trains department managers and reviews and appraises their performance.
- Recommends compensation change in accordance with company policy.
- Ensures the organizational structure of the branch is efficiently planned and adequately and competently staffed.
- Promotes safe work habits and ensures that safety rules are followed.
- Monitor operations to ensure that staff members comply with administrative policies and procedures, safety rules, environmental policies or government regulations.
- Other job duties as assigned.
Job Knowledge/Skills Required:
- Thorough knowledge of the heavy and medium duty truck industry.
- Knowledge of Sales New/Used Trucks, Parts and Service Operations
- Minimum of 5 years of a larger dealership and/or sales management experience preferred.
- Motivated to obtain and exceed financial goals for the dealership.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work effectively with customers, vendors and other employees.
- Proficient with computer software including Microsoft Office.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA) in business preferred but not required; or in related field.
M&K Truck Centers is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, ancestry, marital or veteran status. We are strongly committed to this policy and believe in the concept and spirit of the law and we encourage all qualified and interested persons to apply for this position.