We are currently seeking a Parts Delivery Driver, (Part Time) whom would deliver and pick up Medium and Heavy Duty Truck parts and equipment for the dealership to customers, satellite stores and wholesale accounts. FLEXIBLE hours and days, newer trucks and NO CDL required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Checks with the parts manager, inventory control administrator, parts counter people, or shipping and receiving clerk before leaving to coordinate any last minute pick-ups or deliveries.
- Keeps an accurate log of daily deliveries and pick-ups. Requests recipient's signature on each delivery entry.
- Verifies that invoice matches purchase order for each pick-up.
- Checks payments received with the invoices for each delivery.
- Loads and unloads truck each day. Turns in all paperwork, invoice payments and undelivered parts.
- Handles basic maintenance of the truck including filling fuel tank, checking oil, tires and fluids, keeping vehicle clean, and making sure required inspections are performed each day prior to deliveries.
- Advises parts manager if delivery trucks need repairs or maintenance.
- Helps maintain the professional appearance of the parts department.
- Maintains professional appearance and friendly, effective relationship with customers, supervisors and fellow employees.
- Other duties may be assigned such as help with stocking and posting orders when they arrive to expedite delivery to customers.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and maintain a clean driving record.
- Driving experience preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals and to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure.
- Ability to sit for long periods, bend, climb, crouch to load and unload trucks.
- Ability to lift and carry more than 75 pounds.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.